I am the sandwich queen. I love sandwiches and make them daily for lunch. I usually switch it up but recently I’ve been loving this veggie sandwich. Every time I sit down to eat, multiple people ask me where I bought my sandwich or if they can pay me to make them the sandwich the next day. Basically, this sandwich is delicious, chalk full of veggies, and will keep you full! Okay, okay, enough hype!
Prep and cook time: 5 mins
2 pieces of multigrain bread
1/2 ripe avocado
1 tbsp hummus (use a flavorful one to add a kick — I love the red pepper or garlic ones!)
2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 large cucumber
1/4 cup (about 12) pre-sliced carrots (usually next to the baby carrots in the grocery store!)
1/2 cup of mixed greens
1. Spread avocado with a knife onto 1 slice of bread, and spread the hummus onto the other slice.
2. Place 2 slices of cheese on hummus.
3. Cut 2 large slices of tomato and place on top of cheese.
4. Peel and slice cucumbers. Place them on top of tomatoes.
5. Top the tomatoes with the mixed greens.
6. Cut in half and serve or wrap to eat for later! If you follow the order above, the pieces of bread should be “protected” by the avocado and cheese, and will not be soggy if you save for later on or even for the next day!
Thanks for reading!